Deploying VR at Scale
A Guide On How to Set Up & Manage Enterprise XR
How Virtual Reality is used:
- Doctors practicing surgical procedures
- Employee safety training
- Marketing & Sales presentations
- Soft skills training
- Events, conferences, & meetings
- Patients in therapy or recovering from surgery
Industries that benefit from Virtual Reality:
- Location Based Entertainment
- Public Event Spaces
The National Coalition of Advanced Technology Centers (NCATC) is an Affiliated Council of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) catalyzing a network of higher education and industry-led Strategic Partner resources that advocates, advises, and promotes the use of advanced technology applications to enhance economic and workforce development programs and services.
With over 160 members from community and technical colleges, universities, CTE high schools, adult education organizations and the corporate community, NCATC provides great networking opportunities at both their Summer Workshop and Fall Conference every year.
Choosing the Right Equipment & Software to Set Up & Manage Enterprise XR
Compare VR Headsets for Enterprise
PC? All-in-one? How do you choose the correct headset?
Quest & Quest PRO from META
HTC Vive Focus 3
HTC Vive Pro 2
HP Reverb 2 Omnicept
Pico Neo 4 PRO
Lenovo ThinkReality VRX
The Vargo XR-3
AR & VR Headset Management Software
Remotely manage your AR & VR devices, deploy content, and control what users can see and do in the headsets.
AR & VR Storage Solutions
These devices will help you manage yoiur VR Headsets and the associated paraphernalia that these headsets require to operate effectively & safely.
VR Headset Storage Challenges
- Tangled Cords: multiple headsets require at least one headset charging cord per unit resulting in a spaghetti-mess of tangled cables, cords, and chargers.
- Controllers Mixed-up: each headset has two hand controllers that are paired to that particular headset and should stay together.
- Safely Store VR Headsets:keep the VR headsets safely tucked away where they will be protected and ready.
- Charging Multiple Headsets is Inefficient & Unsafe: plugging multiple headsets into multiple outlets is messy and can be unsafe.
VR Headset Storage Solutions Currently Available
Storage solutions for XR devices is a new market and options are limited. We have researched several of the most popular choices and have provided a quick overview below.
The VR30 Device Cart – Immersion Series from Spectrum Industries
Spectrum says that security and mobility were the top priorities when creating the Immersion Series of VR Carts, as not every classroom will have the ability to have their own set of goggles and phones. Designed specifically for storing, charging, and protecting your virtual reality investment, the VR30™ Device Cart is the easy way to manage VR goggles and smartphones. Order without a shelf to accommodate larger headsets.
- Recessed double-bolt latch with padlock
- Heavy-gauge steel construction and powder-coated finish
- Only one drawer can be pulled out at a time, reducing the chance the cart will tip.
VRGE Organization Solutions
VRGE is a little different from the other solutions in our list in that it has created a nice storage unit but only for one headset. This might be an ideal solution for a low volume environment in which only a handful of headsets need to be managed.
- Stores HTC Vive\Vive Pro\Cosmos, Oculus Rift, Rift-S, Quest, Playstation VR, Valve Index and Mixed Reality
- Stylish Blue Anodized Aluminum Finish
- Stores Headsets and Controllers
- Easy installation with included mounting screws and anchors